Sunday 1 July 2012

Rekorderlig Wild Berries

Today's beer: Wild Berries by Rekorderlig

Happy Canada Day! I had been hoping to crack open an Innis & Gunn 2012 Canada Day special, but I have so far been unable to find one. I guess I'll just have to have one not on Canada Day.

My dad stumbled upon this a few years ago. It is one of the few alcoholic beverages the whole family enjoys (my mom doesn't like beer). It is also, unfortunately, a bit hard to find. When we find some we usually snap up several cans. The odd name is due to the fact that it is imported from Sweden.

To start, Rekorderlig is a pear based cider. It is flavoured with wild berries. In the glass it is a light pink colour and very fizzy, almost as fizzy as a soft drink. As a result, it develops a very large head that rapidly disappears. The first sip starts off with a big hit of raspberry, followed by strawberries and blueberries.

Rekorderlig is very easy to drink. Almost too easy. At 7%, it would be quite easy to get drunk with out realizing it with these ciders. In the words of my mom "it's like kool-aid for adults." I always by this when I see it available.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment