Saturday 14 July 2012

Tree Brewing Co. Black Tree

Today's beer: Black Tree by Tree Brewing Company

Today was another hot day here, and I decided to wait to have a beer until the evening. I wanted to have my beer outside but just as I got outside with my beer, it started to spit. It never really started raining and the spitting only lasted a few minutes, so I was able to enjoy my beer outside.

Black Tree pours into the glass a very dark brown, almost black, but not quite. There isn't much smell beyond the normal beer smell. My first sip revealed a small hit of hops, with a huge hit of malt. It's quite refreshing to have a nice malty beer after having quite a few hoppy beers. Even though hoppy beers are considered to be the proverbial summer beer, they can get a bit much. One of the first things that struck me about the Black Tree is that though it does produce a tiny head, the beer its self has virtually no carbonation. It's a bit weird, and I think if they could get some more carbonation into the beer it might make it a bit better. Though Black Tree is light on the hops, the hops do tend to linger on the tongue. There is the taste of chocolate and the hint of coffee. This beer would be good on a cool night, long after the heat of the afternoon has passed.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment