Tuesday 24 July 2012

Lighthouse Belgian White

Today's beer: Belgian White by Lighthouse

As I said before, these next few reviews are being done several days after having the beer, do to having no internet access at the time of drinking. I shared this beer with my dad on my birthday. Original review date: July 22, 2012.

Because of the glass used, I don't really know what colour the beer is, but it's pretty safe to say that as a wheat beer it is a cloudy straw colour. Again, that's just a guess. When poured into the glass, Belgian White produces a fairly large and creamy head. The first thing I noticed with my first sip was the hops, right out in front. The beer is very hoppy. The hops that they used seems to be a very different strain of hops that what most other brewers use. As a result, they lend the beer a very distinctive and unique taste. I would like to see more brewers use this strain of hops as it gives the beer a different taste that is very good. Belgian White is a crisp beer with the faintest hint of citrus. I would definitely buy this beer again. Lighthouse also apparently released a Belgian Black, which if I could find it I would be most eager to try.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment