Sunday 1 July 2012

Dead Frog French Oaked Stiff Stout

Today's beer: French Oaked Stiff Stout by Dead Frog

When I split a beer with my dad (and mom in the case of the Rekorderlig), I often get a small portion, so I have no qualms about sampling a second brew, especially if I sample it with my dad, as was the case with the Dead Frog. My dad was reluctant at first to try this because he has had a Dead Frog brew in the past and really didn't like it. After I told him (several times) that this was a stout, he acquiesced, and was actually eager to try it.

As said this is a stout and as such poured black into the glass with virtually no head. There was very little smell, and all I did smell was the standard stout smell. The taste was primarily chocolate with some burnt taste in there, but not bunt in a bad way. There is a small taste of alcohol and an even slighter taste of oak. The carbonation in this beer is practically nonexistent, but as I've said before, the amount of carbonation is not a good thing or a bad thing. Some beers are better due to their lack of carbonation and some are better for their abundance of carbonation. I'd buy this beer again. It's nothing spectacular, but it is still pretty good.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment