Wednesday 25 July 2012

Mississippi Brewing Company Mississippi Mud

Today's beer: Mississippi Mud by Mississippi Brewing Company

When I first picked up a bottle of this a year or so ago, I had been looking at it for several years. From my perspective at the time, it was too expensive to try and way too big (roughly 950ml). When I did eventually buy it, I discovered that it had a screw top cap, which meant that the bottle was resealable and therefore, it didn't need to all be drunk at the same time.

Mississippi Mud is a mix of porter and pilsner. It pours into the glass a dark brown. It smells rather like a pilsner a mix of malt and hops. There is the rich malt taste of the porter up front with slightly hoppy taste of the pilsner bringing up the rear. This beer has a lot of malt with virtually no hops. There is very little carbonation in the beer, which is a bit of a bad thing. It could use a bit more carbonation. The crispness of the pilsner hits the roof of your mouth just as you swallow.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

1 comment:

  1. I have three empty bottles, with caps, from the early 1970s if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete