Tuesday 24 July 2012

Driftwood Driftwood Ale

Today's beer: Driftwood Ale by Driftwood

This is the last of the beers that I had on my vacation and was unable to post a review about. Again, I shared this beer with my dad on my birthday. Original review date: July 22, 2012.

In the glass Driftwood is a golden colour. There is a distinctive smell of hops. With my first sip I got a huge hit of hops. This beer is quite a bit more bitter than the Belgian White. It tastes more like an IPA than a standard ale. On the label it does say that it is a "Northwest Pale Ale", but I don't know what they mean by that. There really isn't anything that sets this beer apart from any other beer. It is remarkable only in the fact that it is unremarkable.

Both my dad and I are migraine sufferers. My dad being less susceptible to them than myself. However, after drinking this beer I had to lie down in a dark room to deal with the migraine that this beer gave me. Only after several hours in my darkened room did I find out that this beer also gave my dad a fairly bad headache too. I will never buy this beer again. It's unfortunate because the other beer of theirs that I have tried (and I will review it at a later date) called Farmhand, is a fantastic beer.

Rating:





May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment