Thursday 12 July 2012

Innis & Gunn Highland Cask

Today's beer: Highland Cask by Innis & Gunn

First, I'm quite late posting my review of this beer. I did my review on July 6, but due to many factors combining, I have been unable to post the review until now. Due to the length of time between review and post I have only my original notes to rely on, so I'm sorry if the review seems a bit sparse.

Highland Cask pours into the glass a deep copper colour with almost no smell. Like all Innis & Gunns, Highland cask has been aged in oak barrels, in this case, barrels that had previously contained Scotch Whisky for 18 years. The oak flavour really comes through in this beer. There is a nutty flavour along the side of your tongue. Highland Cask is a very smooth beer with virtually no hops. There is also a hint of sweetness as you swallow. Though Highland cask is a decent beer, it isn't my favourite Innis & Gunn; there are several other beers by them that I prefer over it.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment