Saturday 30 June 2012

Phillips WheatKing

Today's beer: WheatKing by Phillips

Yes I know I recently reviewed another Phillips beer. While at my liquor store, I was waffling between getting a pack of Blue Buck or getting another case of the Phillips Show Case. The Show Case won out. Instead of having 3 Dr. Funks in the case as last time, this case had 3 WheatKings. I was just fine with that, even though I'd been looking forward to some more Dr. Funk, I'd also seen WheatKing on the Phillips website and did want to try it.

WheatKing as you may guess is a wheat beer.  When poured into the glass, it produces a large head. As with almost all wheat beers, it is a cloudy yellow in colour in the glass. I couldn't smell much beyond a standard beer smell, though my dad said he could smell pineapple. As for taste There is a subtle taste of fruit with a decent balance between hops and malt. After my dad made the comment that he could smell and taste pineapple, I made the effort to try to taste it. I could taste something else, I'm not too sure if it was pineapple or not. WheatKing is a very enjoyable beer and I could easily see my self drinking several over the course of a hot afternoon and evening.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment