Wednesday 27 June 2012

Dunkertons Dry Organic Cider

Today's beer: Dry Organic Cider by Dunkertons

So this is a continuation of some cider reviews that a friend asked me to do. He didn't ask me to review these particular ciders, but asked if I was going to review any ciders in general. I have one more cider I'm planing on reviewing after this one. As I have said before, I don't know too much about ciders.

To start with this is a dry cider, so it's got a bit higher alcohol content at 7%. It says it's organic and made with organic apples. All of the apples it's made with I've never heard of before, but I really don't know that many apples. Apples like Sheeps Nose, Foxwhelp, Yarlington Mill and Brown Snout. The smell I got from my first sniff was apples and spices. There's also a slight smell of orange and clove. I'm not too sure just what spices. The taste was the same apple and spices. In fact it tastes almost like hot apple cider. My dad, who I was tasting it with didn't like it. He said that there was the taste of something like cough medicine. I couldn't taste it when he said it (although I could taste something strange) but I did eventually taste it. I wouldn't buy this cider again.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment