Friday 8 June 2012

Estrella Damm Inedit

Today's beer: Inedit by Estrella Damm

I've looked at trying this beer several times and have shied away because this beer says that it should be paired with food. Tonight I had it with some fish and it went really well.

The beer is the same colour as a lager but with a bit of cloudiness. It took me a while to figure out what the dominant (though faint) smell is: vanilla, although my dad says that it's orange peel. There is very little hops in this beer making it sweeter than most of the beers that I've tried, but when it's paired with food, it makes it quite good. There is also the taste of citrus and the slight taste of spice. Inedit has very low carbonation, but rather than being a detriment to the beer, is actually a very good thing. Because this beer is meant to be had with food, any heavy carbonation would have the potential to disrupt the delicate mingling of tastes between the beer and the food. I had fish with this beer and it was a fantastic pairing. I think just about any meat dish would go quite well with this beer.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

1 comment:

  1. Orange peel Cardamom cinamon...Your Dad wins this one!

    F

    ReplyDelete