Wednesday 31 October 2012

Wychwood Scarecrow

Today's beer: Scarecrow by Wychwood

This is the second of three reviews for the sampler 4 pack of Wychwood I picked up not too long ago. Today being Halloween and all, I figured this would be a good beer to have. Also, this is the first beer that I've split with my dad since he moved. Since we are now in the same general area, it will be nice to return to sharing the occasional beer with him.

Scarecrow pours into the glass a cloudy yellow. There is the smell of hops and the faint aroma of fruit. My first sip hits me with a large amount of hops, but it's not an overwhelming amount as there is also a touch of malt to keep the hops in check. Scarecrow has a lot of carbonation and it really works well in this beer. Scarecrow is a very crisp beer that is quite drinkable and very enjoyable. I did notice one thing that I thought a bit odd, as I was finishing I did notice a faint hint of pepper on the roof of my mouth. It's not a bad thing, just interesting. It also could have just been some pepper from my dinner.

Rating:





May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment