Thursday 25 October 2012

Mt. Begbie Begbie Cream Ale

Today's beer: Begbie Cream Ale by Mt. Begbie

When I picked this up, I was sure that I had reviewed this beer already. Fortunately, the guys at the beer store had access to my blog and a quick search revealed that I had not in fact, reviewed it yet. I must have just drunk it already, possibly before I had started my blog, therefore, I must drink it again for the blog. Life's tough.

Begbie Cream Ale pours into the glass a clear golden straw colour with a thin white head that dissipates very quickly. As with the last beer, the only thing I could smell was the standard beer smell, this one leaning perhaps a bit more towards a wheat beer smell. My first sip revealed that this was no wheat beer, this was most definitely a cream ale; the creaminess is apparent from the first sip. The malts and hops are fairly well balanced with the hops standing out just enough. There was also a faint flavour that I struggled to identify. My first thought was that it was possibly oak, but it could have been honey, as the label says that there is a "subtle honey flavour". Begbie Cream Ale has a very nice, crisp flavour that makes it a pleasure to drink.

Rating:





May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment