Tuesday 23 October 2012

Adnams Broadside

Today's beer: Broadside by Adnams

This was among the last beers I bought at my local beer store. The reason is that I have now moved. I guess I'll just have to find a new beer store and  befriend a new beer guy. But I do still have quite a stock from the old store to work through first. My dad, who helped me move was quite frankly astounded at the amount of beer in my fridge. The move is one of the reasons why there hasn't been too many reviews in October; I simply haven't had any time to drink any beers. On with the review!

Broadside pours into the glass a semi-cloudy red-brown with a small tan head that dissipates fairly quickly. My first sniff revealed not much more than the standard beer smell, if a bit stronger. My first sip yielded a large amount of malt. The other dominant flavour was alcohol, which is quite surprising, considering that Broadside is only a 6.3% beer. While strong, that shouldn't be enough alcohol to create that strong of an alcohol taste. I did get the very faint taste of figs as well. There are almost no hops in the beer to speak of. An interesting characteristic of the beer that I did notice is it has almost a creamy texture in the mouth. It's not a bad thing, just interesting. The overwhelming taste of alcohol ruins what could be a great beer.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment