Saturday 6 October 2012

Fyne Ales Vital Spark

Today's beer: Vital Spark by Fyne Ales

This is another of the new beers brought in by the beer guy at my local beer store. I'm glad he brought this in. My very first beer review was a Fyne Ales beer, and while looking into it, I went to the Fyne Ales website and found they have several other varieties and this one was on that I really wanted to try.

Vital Spark pours into the glass a dark brown with rich red tones. A small light tan head also forms. The first smell that I got was hops. In fact, the only smell I got was hops. With my first sip, I got a massive hit of hops. There is a slight taste of malt, but it does nothing to balance the huge amount of hops in this beer. Eventually I did get some very faint porter type flavours including an almost non-existent chocolate taste. With the exception of Maverick, Fyne Ales seems to like to add a lot of hops to their beers, which if you really like hops is nice, but if you don't most of Fynes Ales brews won't be for you.

Rating:





May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment