Friday 26 October 2012

Wychwood Goliath

Today's beer: Goliath by Wychwood

I walked into a government liquor store today (there are two types of liquor stores here government and private. Private liquor stores can carry more, but are more expensive) just to see what they had and to see when the new Innis & Gunn holiday box was available. I hadn't planned on buying anything, but then I saw a sampler 4-pack of Wychwood and I knew I had to get it. So this is the first of three reviews of Wychwood that will be coming in the next little while (the fourth beer in the pack is Hobgoblin, a decent beer and already reviewed).

Goliath pours into the glass a beautiful red-copper colour with a yellowish/off white head that disappears quite rapidly. My first sniff brought the aromas of hops and fruit. I also detected a faint whiff of caramel. My first sip yielded a very interesting combination of fruit and hops. A delicious combination. Goliath has a warm flavour that is a little hard to describe. In addition to the fruit and hops there is a decent amount of malt. Goliath is very easy to drink, although the carbonation seems to disappear quite quickly, which is a bit disappointing. Despite this I would definitely drink this again.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment