Wednesday 3 October 2012

Fuller's London Porter

Today's beer: London Porter by Fuller's

Today was a very cool day. Fall has definitely arrived, but the temperature was cool even for fall, topping out at 5. The normal high temperature is around 15. A perfect day to have a nice dark porter or stout. Didn't want the Guinness in my fridge at the moment, and I have another stout/porter, but the Fuller's caught my eye. A perfect choice for a not so perfect day.

London Porter pours into the glass black with a moderate tan head that decreases in size quickly, but doesn't really dissipate. My first sniff revealed the rich smell of malt, toasted malt and chocolate. There was also a faint smell of berries. With my first sip I got the nice porter taste of toasted malt. There was a nice hint of bittersweet/semi sweet chocolate at the back of my tongue just as I swallowed. London Porter has just enough hops to let you know they are present, but not too many to make it a main flavour. As with most porters, London Porter also has a nice chocolate taste and a very faint coffee taste. An excellent porter.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment