Tuesday 24 July 2012

Cannery Brewing Blackberry Porter

Today's beer: Blackberry Porter by Cannery Brewing

So I've been on vacation for the past few days, but that didn't prevent me from drinking some good beers. Since I had no internet access during that time, I couldn't post any new reviews, so these next few reviews are a few days late. As such, I can only rely on my notes for the review, rather than on my notes and the remembrances of the beer as I write my review. I originally had this beer on July 20, 2012.

In the glass Blackberry Porter is almost black, but with a deep purple tint. There isn't much in the way of smell, aside from the standard beer smell, with a hint of blackberries. My first sip revealed a nice hit of hops along with a very strong taste of blackberries. There is also the slight taste of roasted barley. This is a very nice mellow beer, that goes down quite smoothly. I don't know that I would drink this beer on a hot afternoon, or even with a meal, but it would make a fantastic desert beer. Or a beer to sip on at night.

Rating:




May your glass always be full of good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment